Who ever said homelessness is for the loser?
VITAL ISSUES YOU SHOULD KNOW:
1. 39%of homeless teens are under 18
2. 75% are self-medicating with drugs because of the pain of homelessness
3.1.7 to 2.8 million homeless teens on the streets of America each night.
4. 5000 unidentified teens die each year on the streets due to assault, illness and suicide.
5. 46% of these teens left home because of physical abuse (USDHS)
6. 40% of these homeless teens now identify as LGBT
7. 50% who llive in shelters or on the streets are there because their parents told them they no longer care for them and to leave home.
8. The average age f th homeless teen has no creeped down to 14.7 years of age.
9. Teens ages 12 – 17 are more likely to become homeless than adults.
10. 50,000 teens simply disappear each year, no one knows what has happened to them.
11. “Survival Sex” forces these teens to survive trading sex for food, clothing and s afe place to sleep. They have nothing to sell but themselves!